Insegnamenti a.a. 2021/2022
41011 ACCOUNTING 8 - AUDITING, AUDITORS AND REGULATION
Awarded a BSc Degree in Accounting and Finance from University of Macedonia, Greece; an MBA from University of Manchester, UK; and a Ph.D. from University of Warwick, UK.
Full Professor at the Department of Accounting, Bocconi University. Also, Academic Advisor at the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW); and Editorial Board Member of Contemporary Accounting Research, Accounting Horizons and Corporate Governance: An International Review. Prior to this held academic positions at London Business School, Queen Mary University London and King’s College London.
Aree di interesse scientifico
- Auditor Regulation; Audit Pricing; Audit Quality
- Financial Reporting Enforcement
- Capital Market Consequences of IFRS Adoption
- Corporate Governance Effectiveness; Executive Compensation
- Chu, J., A. Florou, and P. Pope (2021). Auditor university education: Does it matter? European Accounting Review (forthcoming).
- A., S. Morricone, and P. Pope (2020). Proactive financial reporting enforcement: Audit fees and financial reporting quality effects. The Accounting Review, 95 (2), 167-197.
- Florou, A., U. Kosi, and P. Pope (2017). Are international accounting standards more credit relevant than domestic standards? Accounting and Business Research, 47 (1), 1-29.
- Florou, A. and U. Kosi (2015). Does mandatory IFRS adoption facilitate debt financing? Review of Accounting Studies, 20 (4), 1407-1456.
- Florou, A. and P. Pope (2012). Mandatory IFRS adoption and institutional investment decisions, The Accounting Review, 87 (6), 1993-2025.
- Florou, A. (2010). The role of taxes in compensation: A case of shareholder expropriation, European Accounting Review, 19 (2), 343-374.
- Florou, A. and G. Galarniotis (2007). Benchmarking Greek corporate governance structures and disclosures, Corporate Governance: An International Review, 15 (5), 979-998.
- Conyon, M. and A. Florou (2006). The pattern of investment surrounding CEO retirements: UK evidence, British Accounting Review, 38 (1), 299-319.
- Florou, A. (2005). Top director shake-up: The link between Chairman and CEO dismissal, Journal of Business Finance and Accounting, 32 (1-2), 97-128.
- Conyon, M. and A. Florou (2002). Top executive dismissal, ownership and corporate performance, Accounting and Business Research, 32 (4), 209-226.