PAOLA ANTONIA PROFETA
Insegnamenti a.a. 2021/2022
20633 WELFARE AND POLITICS
30264 SCIENZA DELLE FINANZE / PUBLIC FINANCE
30298 DIVERSITY MANAGEMENT AND POLICY
40958 GENDER AND PUBLIC POLICY
Nata il 2 Maggio 1972. Laureata con lode in Discipline Economiche e Sociali presso l’Università Bocconi nel 1995. PhD in Economics presso l’Università Pompeu Fabra di Barcellona nel 2000. Visiting scholar presso la Columbia University, New York, 1998 e 1999.
Professore associato di Scienza delle Finanze (con idoneità e abilitazione scientifica nazionale a prof. ordinario). Direttrice del Msc Politics and Policy Analysis. Direttrice di AXA Research Lab on Gender Equality. Presidente della European Public Choice Society. In precedenza, ricercatrice presso l’Università di Pavia, Post-doc fellow presso CORE, Université Catholique de Louvain.
Aree di interesse scientifico
Uguaglianza di genere e politiche pubbliche, donne in politica, politiche per la promozione dell'uguaglianza di genere e della leadership femminile. Finanza pubblica. Sistemi di welfare (pensioni, istruzione), tassazione comparata. Political economy di tassazione e welfare state.
Per la lista completa e aggiornata si veda la webpage personale
Articoli principali più recenti:
- Do Board Gender quotas matter? Selection, performance and the stock market effects (with G. Ferrari, V. Ferraro, C. Pronzato) (2021) Management Science forthcoming
- Fathers' involvement in the family, fertility and maternal employment: Evidence from central and eastern Europe (with E. Fanelli) Demography, forthcoming
- Gender Differences in COVID-19 Related Attitudes and Behavior: Evidence from a Panel Survey in Eight OECD Countries” (2020) (with Vincenzo Galasso, Vincent Pons, Michael Becher, Sylvain Brouard, Martial Foucault), PNAS (Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America) Research paper (15/10/2020)
- Women’s Work, Housework and Childcare, before and during COVID-19 (2020) (with Daniela Del Boca, Noemi Oggero and Maria Cristina Rossi). CEPR Covid Economics 28: 70-90, Review of Economics of the Household, forthcoming.
- Gender Equality and Public Policy during Covid-19 (2020) CESifo Economic Studies, forthcoming.
- Let the voters choose women (with A. Baltrunaite, A. Casarico, G. Savio) (2019) Journal of Public Economics 180.
- Tax Policy and Economic Growth: Does it Really Matter? (with D. Baiardi, R.Puglisi and S.Scabrosetti) (2019) International tax and Public Finance 26(2): 282-316
- When the state Mirrors the Family: The Design of pension systems (with V. Galasso), Journal of the European Economic Association, forthcoming
- Gender quotas and the quality of politicians (with A. Baltrunaite, P. Bello, A. Casarico) 2014 Journal of Public Economics 118:62-74
- Does democracy affect taxation and public spending? Evidence from developing countries (with R. Puglisi, S. Scabrosetti) 2013, Journal of Comparative Economics 41:684-717.
- The role of income effects in early retirement (with J.I. Conde Ruiz e V.Galasso) 2013, Journal of Public Economic Theory 15(3): 477-505.
- On the Political economics of tax reforms: survey and empirical assessment (with M. Castanheira and G. Nicodème) (2012), International Tax and Public Finance 19(4): 598-624.
- Public education and Redistribution when Talents are Mismatched (with M. Bernasconi) (2012), European Economic Review 56(1): 84-96.
- Gender culture and gender gap in employment (with P. Campa and A. Casarico) (2011), CESifo Economic Studies 57(1):156-182.
- Investing for the old age: Pensions, children and savings (with V. Galasso and R. Gatti) (2009), International Tax and Public Finance 16(4): 538-559.
- Why are more redistributive social security systems smaller? (with P.Poutvaara and M.Kothenburger) (2008) Oxford Economic Papers 60(2), 275-292.
- The Redistributive Design of Social Security Systems (with J.I. Conde Ruiz) (2007), The Economic Journal 117: 686-712.
- Political Support and tax reforms with an application to Italy (2007) Public Choice 131 (1-2), 141-55.
- How does ageing affect the welfare state? (with V.Galasso) (2007) European Journal of Political Economy, 23(2): 554-563.
- Lessons for an Aging Society: the Political Sustainability of Social Security Systems (with V. Galasso) (2004), Economic Policy 63-115.
- Retirement and Social Security in a Probabilistic Voting Model (2002) International Tax and Public Finance 9, 331-348 (lead article).
- Aging and Retirement: Evidence Across Countries (2002) International Tax and Public Finance 9, 649-670.
- The Political Economy of Social Security: A Survey (with V. Galasso) (2002) European Journal of Political Economy 18: 1-29. (Top cited EJPE article)
Libri internazionali principali (refereed)
- Gender Equality and Public Policy. Measuring progress in Europe. 2020. Cambridge University Press.
- Women Directors: The Italian way and Beyond (with L. Amidani, A. Casarico, M.D'Amico, A. Puccio) 2014, Palgrave MacMillan
- The political economy of taxation: l.essons from developing countries (with S. Scabrosetti) (2010), E. Elgar.
- Book Co-editor: Tax Systems and Tax Reforms in Latin America, with A. Barreix, L.Bernardi, A. Marenzi (foreword by V.Tanzi) (2008) Routledge.
- Book Co-editor: Tax Systems and Tax Reforms in Europe, with L.Bernardi (foreword by V.Tanzi) (2004) Routledge.