Insegnamenti a.a. 2022/2023
Nato il 4 aprile 1967. Laureato in Economia politica presso l'Università Bocconi. PhD in Economics presso la University of California - Los Angeles (UCLA).
Professore Ordinario di Economia. Research fellow del CEPR - Centre for Economic Policy Research, London. Research fellow dell CES-Ifo, Munich. Direttore dell'unità di ricerca APE-Analysis in Pension Economics del Centro Baffi-CAREFIN. Research fellow dell'IGIER - "Innocenzo Gasparini" Institute for Economic Research. Co-Editor della rivista European Journal of Political Economy e della rivista Journal of Pension Economics and Finance. In precedenza Professore Ordinario di Economia Pubblica presso l’Università della Svizzera Italiana, Direttore del CEPRA (Center for Economic and Political Research on Aging) e Assistant Professor presso la Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
Aree di interesse scientifico
Political Economics. Economia pubblica. Sistemi pensionistici.
- “Positive Spillover from Negative Campaigning”, forthcoming, American Journal of Political Science, (with T. Nannicini & S. Nunnari)
- "Gender Differences in COVID-19 Attitudes and Behavior: Panel Evidence from 8 Countries”, 2020, PNAS, (with P. Profeta, V. Pons et al.)
- “The Politics of Aging and Retirement: Evidence from Swiss Referenda” forthcoming, Population Studies, (with P. Bello)
- “Old Before Their Time: The Role of Employers In Retirement Decisions”, 2020, International Tax and Public Finance (with P. Bello)
- “The Economic Effects of Electoral Rules: Evidence from Unemployment Benefits” 2019 Quarterly Journal of Political Science pp 259-291 (with S. Nunnari)
- “When the state mirrors the family: The design of pension systems”, 2018, Journal of the European Economic Association (with P. Profeta)
- “Political Selection under Alternative Electoral Rules” Public Choice, 2017, pp. 257–281 (with T. Nannicini)
- “Information and Women’s Intentions: Experimental Evidence About Child Care”, 2017, European Journal of Population, pp. 109–128 (with P. Profeta, C. Pronzato and F. Billari)
- “So Closed: Political Selection in Proportional Systems”, European Journal of Political Economy, 2015 (with T. Nannicini)
- “How to combine the entry of young people in the labour market with the retention of older workers?”, 2014, IZA Journal of European Labor Studies, 2014, pp. 3-19 (with W. Eichhorst, T. Boeri, A. De Coen, M. J Kendzia and N. Steiber)
- “The Role of political partisanship during economic crises”, Public Choice, 2014.
- “The Role of income effects in early retirement” Journal of Public Economic Theory, 2013 (con J.I. Conde-Ruiz e P. Profeta).
- “The Political Economy of Flexicurity” Journal of the European Economic Association, 2012 (con T. Boeri e J.I. Conde-Ruiz),
- “Competing on good politicians”, American Political Science Review, 2011, (con T. Nannicini).
- “Political Intergenerational Risk Sharing”, Journal of Public Economics, 2010, (con M. D'Amato).
- “The Labor Market of Italian Politicians" (con A. Merlo, M. Landi e A. Mattozzi) in T.Boeri, A. Merlo and A. Prat (eds.) The Ruling Class, Oxford University Press, 2010.
- “The Euro and Structural Reforms,” (con A. Alesina e S. Ardagna) in A. Alesina and F Giavazzi (eds.) Europe and the Euro, University of Chicago Press and NBER, 2009.
- “Investing for the old age: pensions, children and savings”, International Tax and Public Finance, 2009, (con R. Gatti e P. Profeta).
- “Postponing retirement: the political push of aging”, Journal of Public Economics, 2008.
- “Political Complements in the welfare state: Health Care and Social Security”, Journal of Public Economics, 2008, (con C. Bethencourt).
- “The Political Future of Social Security in Aging Societies”, 2006, The MIT Press.
- “Structural Reforms Without Prejudices”, 2006, edited con T. Boeri, M. Castanheira e R. Faini, Oxford University Press.
- “Positive Arithmetic of the Welfare State”, Journal of Public Economics, 2005, (con J.I. Conde Ruiz).
- “The Macroeconomics of Early Retirement”, Journal of Public Economics, 2004, (con J.I. Conde Ruiz).
- “The Social Security Reform Process in Italy: where do we stand?”, Journal of Pension Economics and Finance, 2004, (con A. Brugiavini).
- “Lessons for an Aging Society: the Political Sustainability of Social Security Systems”, Economic Policy, 2004, (con P. Profeta).
- “Early Retirement”, Review of Economic Dynamics, 2003, (con J. I. Conde Ruiz).
- “Fiscal Constitutions”, Journal of Economic Theory, 103, 2002, (con C. Azariadis).
- “The Political Economy of Social Security: a Survey” European Journal of Political Economy, 2002, (con P. Profeta).
- “The U.S. Social Security System: What Does Political Sustainability Imply?”, Review of Economic Dynamics, 1999.