20159 - SEMINARI PER LO SVILUPPO DI ABILITA' COMPORTAMENTALI / BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS SEMINARS
Per la lingua del corso verificare le informazioni sulle classi/
For the instruction language of the course see class group/s below
Vai alle classi / Go to class group/s: 22
Class group/s taught in English
The evolution of the global context requires the development of managerial skills that are aimed at integrating knowledge between team members. In particular, recent research outline the importance of dealing with different perspectives, manage conflict, and influence others. These seminars have the aim to favor the development of such skills in order to allow individuals to integrate knowledge and develop innovative solutions.
The seminars focuses on the following topics:
- Team dynamics and team building.
- Conflict in teams.
- Diversity in teams and within organizations.
- Team leadership and problem solving techniques.
- Understand the main drivers of effective teamwork.
- Understand the sources of conflict and its consequences.
- Understand the value of diversity within the team and the organization.
- Deal with different conflicting situations on the basis of the team goal.
- Leverage on diversity as a source of value for the team.
- Organize team activities in order to prevent pitfalls and maximize members contribution.
- Face-to-face lectures
- Interactive class activities (role playing, business game, simulation, online forum, instant polls)
Team-based simulations: students are involved in several simulations and role playing related to conflict, diversity and teamwork.
|Continuous assessment||Partial exams||General exam|
The seminar consists of 4 half-day sessions. Justified absences during 1 session is allowed and must be communicated in advance. If students miss more than 1 half-day session, they not get credit for the course. Because of the active interaction and the continuous feedback (from peers and instructors), attending students are evaluated on the basis of their active and continuous contribution throughout the duration of the seminars in order to evaluate students’ ability to put in practice the topics delivered in class and the feedback received by instructors and peers.
- Final evaluation: pass/fail.
Materials distributed in class (simulations) and instructor’s slides.
Testi d'esame & Articoli on line (verifica disponibilità in Biblioteca) / Exam textbooks & Online Articles (check availability at the Library)