20655 - CYBER RISK AND DATA PROTECTION LAW
Course taught in English
Go to class group/s: 25
Lezioni della classe erogate in presenza
- Face-to-face lectures
- Guest speaker's talks (in class or in distance)
- Face to face classes are taught by Bocconi faculty members.
- Some classes are covered by specific guest – professionals operating in cyber companies in the capacity of data protection officer and risk manager – to provide a more concrete understanding of the roles and duties that the law require them to perform.
The exam aims at verifying the ability of students in identifying legal issues that can arise in relation to risk management and data processing and applying the legal solutions to them.
- The questions test the students' ability to reason and apply legal provisions to case scenario, which means: unpacking the scenario, identifying the legal challenges, providing - where possible - the solution; if no solution is possible, then laying out the alternatives
- The active class participation in the tutorials tests the students' ability to reason using the knowledge acquired in class
Students can take a partial written exam covering the first part of the course and complete the written exam at the end of the course with the second part. The weight is: 50% for the partial exam and 50% for the end of term exam.
Alternatively, students can take a general written exam covering both parts of the course and accounting for 100% of the final grade (50%+50%, as mentioned above). The detailed structure of the exams will be announced at the beginning of the course.
Active participation in the four tutorials of this course can bring up to 4 additional points towards the final mark of the students (on top of their exam mark).
Students are required to have the slides and read, for each of the topics discussed in class, a scientific paper. All materials are available on the Bboard.