20405 - PROJECT FINANCE AND FINANCING STRATEGIES FOR GREEN BUSINESS
CLMG - M - IM - MM - AFC - CLAPI - CLEFIN-FINANCE - CLELI - ACME - DES-ESS - EMIT
Course taught in English
Go to class group/s: 31
In the past few years, one of the sectors with rapid development for project finance techniques has been the green management business, with specific reference to renewable energy and water. These are industries with important implications for the state of the environment and with obvious spillovers on general welfare.The course provides students with a rigorous methodological approach to the project finance technique and to projects in the renewable energy sector: photovoltaic plants, windfarms and biomass plants. Contractual and legal aspects, operational and engineering issues and regulatory problems are studied with the participation of external guest speakers and with applications to case studies.
- Project financing:
- features and differences with corporate financing
- risk analysis and risk management
- project agreements
- valuation of deal’s bankability
- finance agreements.
- Project finance and green management:
- the industry of renewables
- regulatory issues and public incentives: incentives for private projects and regulations for PPPs (public-private partnerships)
- photovoltaic plants
- biomass plants.
- S. GATTI, Project Finance in Theory and Practice, Elsevier-Academic Press, 2007 (selected chapters).
- Slides by the instructors, made available through the course website.