30050 - APPLICATIONS FOR ECONOMICS, MANAGEMENT AND FINANCE
Course taught in English
- Introduction to applied research, research design, research question, causality
- Sampling and data sources, finding data for research projects
- Regression analysis: The simple one regressor case, multivariate regression, assumptions and properties, violation of assumptions and remedies, time series analysis and seasonality.
- One and two factors ANOVA
- Factor analysis: model, extraction, rotation, interpretation
- Scale construction and evaluation: reliability analysis and composite scores
- Cluster Analysis
- Regression analysis revisited: regression analysis in combination with factor analysis and cluster analysis, binary response models
The written exam makes up 70% of the grade and the project 30%. The exam is written and lasts two hours.
NCT: P. Newbold, W.L. Carlson, B. Thorne, Statistics for Business and Economics and Student CD, 6/E, Prentice Hall (International Edition), 2007. For regression and ANOVA.
Lecture notes (sampling, data sources, research design, factor analysis, scale reliability and cluster analysis)