30178 - INTERNATIONAL BANKING
CLEAM - CLEF - CLEACC - BESS-CLES - BIEMF
Course taught in English
Go to class group/s: 31
- analyze the institutional and economic setting of the international financial markets where major banks operate
- examine the management problems faced by banks operating in the international financial markets
- analyze the technical features of the financial instruments negotiated in international financial markets and the characteristics of the markets in which these instruments are issued.
- the main segments of the international financial markets: the foreign exchange market, the Euromarkets, syndicated loans, eurobonds, and derivative securities;
- the management policies of international banks: international asset portfolio and risk management;
- the regulation of international banking activities: the Basle Accords, managing foreign exchange rates, settlement of sovereign debts crises.
Please note that the book does not cover the whole programme and that additional material is distributed online.
Prerequisites include basic knowledge of Financial Markets and Institutions (30006)