30228 - MARKETING RESEARCH
CLEAM - CLEF - CLEACC - BESS-CLES - BIEMF
Department of Marketing
Course taught in English
Go to class group/s: 31 - 32
(6 credits - I/II sem. - OP | SECS-P/08) - CLEF
(6 credits - I/II sem. - OP | SECS-P/08) - CLEACC
(6 credits - I/II sem. - OP | SECS-P/08) - BESS-CLES
(6 credits - I/II sem. - OP | SECS-P/08) - BIEMF
(6 credits - I/II sem. - OP | SECS-P/08)
31 (II sem.) -
The goals of the course are:
- understanding the concepts and techniques required to conduct marketing research;
- applying this knowledge in real world marketing research problems.
Course Content Summary
The purpose of marketing research is to provide information for making better business decisions. In this course students are introduced to different stages of the marketing research process. We focus on qualitative and quantitative aspects of marketing research as it relates to business problems such as market segmentation, positioning, the definition of the communication mix, etc.
Detailed Description of Assessment Methods
The final exam is constituted by:
- a field project by groups; its grading counts for 40% of the final general evaluation;
- the discussion of a case history by groups; its grading counts for 10%;
- an individual written exam; its grading counts for 50% of the final general evaluation.
IMPORTANT: In order to obtain a final grade, students MUST pass the written exam (thus, they have to obtain at least 18/30).
Non Attending students
- An individual written exam; its grading counts for 100% of the final general evaluation.
MALHOTRA, Marketing Research. An Applied orientation, Pearson Prentice Hall
Last change 13/05/2011 13:00