8079 - ADVANCED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAW
Course taught in English
Go to class group/s: 15
The course aims at, firstly, analyzing the protection granted to specific categories of creations with a focus on the so called new cultural products. Secondly, the peculiarities of on line distribution of copyrighted materials are considered. Thirdly, the economic value of trademarks and the licenses used to guarantee licensors an increasing flow of royalties are dealt with.
- Copyright and the new cultural products.
- Formats, comics, sequels, museums, and exhibitions.
- Online distribution of copyrighted materials.
- The economic value of Trademark and its licenses (merchandising and sponsorship).
There is a written exam at the end of the course, consisting in 3 open-ended questions. Presentation of an essay in class is compulsory; it can be prepared in teams of maximum 3-4 students each.
- Lesson slides, uploaded on the website www.antitrustisti.net.
- Case studies and reference law discussed in class, uploaded on the website www.antitrustisti.net.
- Articles and pieces of articles available either at the MasterCopy or at the secretary's office of the Institute of Comparative Law, via Gobbi, 5.