8408 - CORPORATE STRATEGY - CEMS
MM-LS - AFC-LS - CLAPI-LS - CLEFIN-LS - CLELI-LS - DES-LS - CLG-LS - M-LS - IM-LS - ACME-LS - EMIT-LS
Course taught in English
INSEGNAMENTO RISERVATO AGLI STUDENTI CEMS
Go to class group/s: 31
The aim of this course is to prepare students for a future position in a large, diversified company. We will study the nature of the problems and challenges confronted by managers responsible for corporate strategy and the skills needed by them to function effectively as strategists and organization builders. The course addresses the challenges of formulating and implementing strategy in companies that are active in multiple businesses. As such it incorporates important recent developments in strategy that bring a broader perspective to issues of parenting advantage. The course will not only provide you with a "toolkit" which you might be able to draw upon in case you will be faced with general management responsibilities (and it might happen sooner than you think). Furthermore, you will develop the skill to detect and understand specific approaches to strategy in various business environments.
- Management of strategy processes
- The value added of the corporate headquarters
- Enabling knowledge sharing
- Internationalization strategies
- Diversification strategies
- Effective corporate governance systems
- Strategy execution
- 60% written exam on the first exam date;
- 40% team assignment.
- Written exam.
- Robert Grant, Contemporary Strategy Analysis
Additional readings, cases and slides which can be accessed at:
Non attending students
- Mike Peng, Global Strategy, Thomson
- Hitt, Hoskisson and Ireland, Management of Strategy: Concepts and Cases