30382 - THE SUSTAINABILITY OF LOCAL PRODUCTIONS IN A GLOBAL WORLD
Course taught in English
Go to class group/s: 31
Lezioni della classe erogate in presenza
Sustainability is certainly an aspect that is becoming increasingly important for managers. The course aims to analyse the concept of sustainability with respect to the variables related to the environment, the culture of consumption and economic implications (from the costs for the customer to the growth for producers) by checking the size of the positive impact of local productions. The course focuses on restaurants and food consumption.
- The variables of sustainability: MSYA concept.
- The Business Model Canvas Model.
- The current situation in terms of sustainability.
- The commodification of Food.
- The food industry and the economic structure.
- Structure of the offer and market.
- The restaurants format and the evolution.
- Logistic and sustainability.
- FoodTech Startup.
Participants will build different business model to answer the following questions:
- The choice of environmental sustainability is compatible with the consumption habits and the impact on prices?
- How local production can change consumer habits?
- Which may be the effect on local producers?
- What is the "minimum" threshold of sustainability adequately significant, but acceptable for customers both culturally and economically?
- Analyze and compare different BM.
- Design a sustainable company.
- Face-to-face lectures
- Group assignments
Group assignments: students are divided by the instructors into groups of 4/5 members. Each group analyzes, using the business model canvas, a specific consumption model (restaurants and/or domestic consumption) and have to design a new business model based on sustainability for comparing the impact in terms of sustainability.
40% group assignment and 60% final exam.
Students are asked to take the final exam in the form of an essay on a specific topic.
- A. OSTERWALDER, Y.PIGNEURM, Business Model Generation: A Handbook for Visionaries, Game Changers, and Challengers, Wiley and Sons.
- Additional material (industry notes and slides) are available on the e-learning platform.