20149 - QUANTITATIVE METHODS FOR MANAGEMENT
Course taught in English
Go to class group/s: 19
The course takes a user-oriented, applied approach to use publicly available data, surveys, and statistical methods, to improve understanding of management issues, and to plan and evaluate events, activities and programs. Calculations are performed using software such as SPSS, with an emphasis on effective use of the software and interpretation of results. All lectures are held in the IT room and include sessions of students independent work.
- Business research processes and research design.
- Data collection: different approaches, measurement, design, sampling. Examples.
- Data analysis: basic ideas, representations.
- Data analysis: applied multivariate techniques, namely multivariate linear regression, logistic regressions and factorial analysis.
- The assessment method is different for attending and not attending students.
- Lecture notes
R. TARLING, Statistical Modelling for Social Researchers. Principles and practice, London and New York, Routledge, 2009.