20241 - MANAGEMENT OF DESIGN
CLMG - M - IM - MM - AFC - CLEFIN-FINANCE - CLELI - ACME - DES-ESS - EMIT - GIO
Course taught in English
Go to class group/s: 31
- Acquire fundamental knowledge of design history and phenomenology.
- Familiarize with the design industry and learn about how different types of design consultancies are structured and operate.
- Familiarize with the perspective of designers and the logic of design thinking.
- Understand the potential contribution of design and designers to competitive advantage, value creation and strategic renewal.
- Understand the purpose and structure of a design brief, and learn how to improve its effectiveness.
- How to design lives and contributes to start-ups.
- Design History and phenomenology.
- Design and competitive advantage.
- The design industry.
- The design process.
- The design brief.
- Design and strategic renewal.
- Testimonials and case start up based on design.
The final grade is based in part (30%) on group assignments, and in part (70%) on a final written exam.
Course pack (cases and readings), edited by the instructors.
In order to fully benefit from the content of the course, it is advisable - although not required - for students to have already passed the following exams: Corporate Strategy, Marketing Management.