20307 - INDUSTRIAL MARKETING
CLMG - M - IM - MM - AFC - CLEFIN-FINANCE - CLELI - ACME - DES-ESS - EMIT - GIO
Course taught in English
Go to class group/s: 31
This is a course of marketing focused on the specificities of the industrial markets. A special attention is addressed to the recent, relevant changes that have occurred in the industrial markets and that have been challenging the logic and processes implicit in the more traditional, well consolidated marketing practices. The course encourages students to take a critical approach through the reading and discussion of papers extracted from the relevant literature and the discussion of recent case studies.
- Understanding industrial markets: distinguishing features and recent emerging trends.
- The nature of the exchange processes in industrial markets.
- The economic and competitive relevance of partnering with industrial customers.
- The purchasing orientations of industrial customers.
- The development of the value proposition in industrial markets: from the product to the customer solution.
- The delivery of the value proposition in industrial markets.
- The Key Account Management.
- The marketing of projects: from competitive bidding to business solutions.
- The customer-based innovation in industrial markets.
- Cooperation and competition in industrial markets.
The assessment method is consistent with the course emphasis on students' active participation and ongoing learning throughout the course.
Hence, students' evaluation is primarily based on the quality of their involvement, demonstrated in a number of ways and, to a lesser extent, on a written exam.
- Regular class participation, quality of contribution during class discussion, paper and case study presentation: 40%.
- Research project: 30%.
- Final written exam: 30%.
For non attending students
Non attending students have to take a written exam, on the contents of the course textbook, in one of the official exam dates.
- A selection of papers from the reading collection: Industrial Marketing, Egea, 2017.
- Reading collection: Industrial Marketing, Egea,2017.