20332 - GLOBAL STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT
Course taught in English
INSEGNAMENTO RISERVATO AGLI STUDENTI CEMS
Go to class group/s: 31
The aim of this course is to prepare participants for a future position in a multination company. In particular, the aims of the course are:
To introduce students to the domain of international and global strategy;
To gain an understanding of processes of strategy formulation and implementation, and apply them in a global setting;
To be aware of competing arguments behind a number of strategic approaches;
To emphasize the generalist nature of management work;
- To learn to work together as a team.
Part I - Foundations of Global Strategic Management:
- Introduces strategy in the global context and discusses how firms can achieve a global competitive advantage.
- Looks into the main strategic decisions an internationalizing firm needs to make. It also discusses the organizational challenge the implementation of global strategy poses.
- Identifies a series of strategic issues managers in MNCs need to tackle, such as the creation of a cross-border knowledge management system, the facilitation of global innovation, the creation of regional structures or the competition in emerging markets.
- Depicts some of the currently most hotly debated issues in Global Strategy based on a topic screening.
- 40% Written exam;
- 10% e-learning;
- 10% individual class participation;
- 40% team assignment.
Readings, cases and slides are made available via our weblearning platform.