30328 - HISTORY (MODULE I - GLOBAL HISTORY)
Course taught in English
Go to class group/s: 23
- General Framework: between two globalizations.
- The World we lost.
- From Multinationals to Global Companies and GVCs.
- The modern financial globalization: institutional investors.
- A old new role for Governments.
- Reluctant privatizations.
- India: Schumpeterian Entrepeneurship in a planned economy.
- China and the State in business.
- The resurgence of Nationalism: Russia.
- A permanent loser? Africa.
- Brazil and the ambiguities of Latin America.
The final grade will be the result of a sum of the following items:
- a group take home essay - (30%).
- 10 true or false (with motivation) questions (written, in class) - (55%).
- Active class participation - (15%).
- A.J. Frieden, Global Capitalism. Its Fall and Rise in the Twentieth Century, Norton 2007 (paperback)