30488 - APPLIED VALUATION ANALYSIS FOR MERGERS AND OTHER BUSINESS COMBINATIONS
CLEAM - CLEF - CLEACC - BESS-CLES - WBB - BIEF - BIEM - BIG
Course taught in English
Go to class group/s: 31
- Anatomy of a typical merger – mini case study.
- Overview of Mergers Analysis – methods to identify prospective targets using financial statements.
- Brief outline of US and European financial reporting requirements FAS 141 and 141R and IFRS 3 so you understand what reports an acquirer has to file with regulators before a new business combination can be approved.
- Required filings to raising finance to publicly fund transactions.
- Obtaining a purchase price and creating a Pro Forma Valuation.
- Special topic on fair values, goodwill and intangibles valuation.
- Some applied examples.
- Constructing projections including accretion and dilution.
- Ex-post analysis of deals.
- D.C. JETER, P.K. CHANEY, Advanced Accounting, 5th edition.
- P.M. HEALY, K. PALEPU, E. PEEK, Business Analysis and Valuation.
- P. PIGNATARO, Mergers, Acquisitions, Divestitures, and Other Restructurings.